Home | About Me | Recipe Index |

Friday, December 31, 2010

Aloo Shimla Mirch - Potato and Bell pepper Subzi and my 100th post



 Wishing all my readers a very happy, prosperous, healthy and peaceful NEW Year...
I'm a little excited too as this is my 100th post.I did not think I was going to survive so long.Its all due to the love and support of my readers and my dear blog pals. Thank you.
Sharing with you all one of my favorite subzi.. Aloo Aur Shimla Mirch.




Ingredients:
  • 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
  • 2 bell peppers/Capsicum/Shimla Mirch cubed
  • 1 small red onion finely chopped
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1" piece of ginger grated
  • 1 large tomato chopped
  • 2-3 green chillies chopped finely
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin-cilantro powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
  • salt to taste
  • oil
Preparation : Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds ,when they splutter add onion and saute till golden brown, Now add minced garlic and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes , green chiilies and ginger. Mix well. Fry for about 2 minutes. Next add all the dry spices (tumeric powder, red chili powder, cumin-cilantro powder, salt). Mix well. Add the potatoes and about 1/4 cup water. Cook on medium heat covered for about 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring from time to time. Now when the potatoes are halfway done/cooked, add the bell pepper. Mix well. Cook covered for about 5-8 minutes. Add fresh cilantro and mix well. Your Aloo-Shimla Mirch is ready to serve. Goes well with Phulkas and Parathas.

10 comments:

  1. Where's my Dolly gone from the profile picture???? I wish u a very happy & fun filled new year..... & kal ke prep se bacha hua ek capsicum hain, ab jisko main is post se inspire hoke banaane waali hoon.. Thanks for sharing.... Hugs))))

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me I needed this recipe. love to have with rotis. you made so perfectly.
    Wish you and your lovely family a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dolly, congrats on your first milestone, may u achieve many more is my prayer..Great recipe..bookmarked!!Wish u n ur a Happy & Prosperous New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WIshing u a happy and prosperous new year..slurp mouthwatering here..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Profile picture. The dishes looks so so delicious and i too make this..perfect for rotis..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its good to know that you all loved this simple subzi..@Ash and @Pavithra...between the two of you I'm kinda confused whether to keep the profile picture or not...lol..Maybe will wait for a 3rd vote(comment)...BTW its a pretty old picture..b4 I was married..10 yrs old picture..

    ReplyDelete
  7. m cooking it now... looks like will turn out great... Thanx for sharing... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. it turned out to be delicious... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying this recipe and for your feedback.I'm so glad it turned out good.

      Delete
  9. This recipe turned out yummy.. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete